My Book Review

Half Brother

by Kenneth Oppel

I chose Half Brother because it looks different and it stood out from the rest of the books, it had an interesting cover and a very interesting title which drew me in. Ben Tomlin was an only child for thirteen years. Then his parents brought home a baby chimpanzee. Personally I think that this book is very interesting and it is very different from other books, the title of the book sort of draws you in and makes you curious on what the book is about. Also the use of language that has been used to describe the characters and the environment is very good, in one of the chapters he describes his trip to the countryside it explains everything in great detail and provides depth, the author described very well how the chimpanzee looks like and it gives you a picture in your mind how the chimpanzee actually looks like. The author has described the main character very well and the rest also, The author makes it clear that the main character is going through a very tough time settling in to his new home and fitting in with the rest of the people. The author has used a wide range of adjectives etc to describe his characters and the setting and also the author describes it so well that it gives a picture in your mind of what the characters might look like and the environment.